Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

did you reach your potential today?

This is a question I find myself asking of my son a lot lately.
"Is that the best you can do?"
"Is that reaching your full potential?"
"Can you do better?"

And like so many other times, asking him these questions leads me to question myself.

Did I reach my potential today? Did I achieve what I should have in the fullness of an entire day?


Sadly the answer is normally no. Today I did NOT fulfil my potential. I did tidy the house. I did have dinner at least partially started when my partner came home from work. I did have the television off and Rocket at the table doing his homework.

But.

I had a full day at home today, and aside from the two hours I was pinned under a teething sleeping 2 year old (in fear that if I moved he would wake and commence screaming again) I had a full day that I could have used to actually get some of the things on my "to do" list done!

I have all these grand plans but don't seem to have the motivation to carry them out...I definitely need one of these
<-----------


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I find I have super productive days or days that I don't even get dressed. I figure it's healthy to have a mix, but sometimes have to push myself to not have a bunch of lazy days in a row.

    PS Love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's not what you want to hear when you're feeling unproductive, but you ARE growing a small person inside of you. You are entitled to have days where you accomplish very little. Don't beat yourself up too much for days when you don't have energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh hon. Yesterday I just fartarsed around, listlessly. Kind of morose, doing the bare minimum.

    And good on us, for doing the bare minimum. Some people can't even do that. We are ok.

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails