Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

thanks...but..

Thanks for the congratulations lovelies. We are choosing to believe that it is possible that this will end with a baby, but we also have so many more hurdles to pass first.



For most people,




=








For us, a + does not = baby.



For us,








=











and











A whole lot of waiting and hurdles to overcome repeated ad nauseum.

Hurdle #1 - BFP (achieved. Yay!)
Hurdle #2 - Beta (Friday)
Hurdle #3 - Ultrasound (6 weeks)
Hurdle #4 - Usual miscarriage point (7 weeks)
Hurdle #5 - Nuchal screening to check if baby has trisomies (12 weeks)
Hurdle #6 - Anomaly scan - check for trisomy markers (18 weeks)
Hurdle #7 - Make it to 36 weeks without losing my mind/the baby.

So, if you know me irl - secret squirrel, k?




We will likely announce it after hurdle #5 if we make it that far. I don't feel the need to hide it as far as I did with Manny (26 weeks!) but we certainly aren't counting our chickens yet.

11 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying for a whole lot of lucky and skillful hurdle jumping!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that crazy clock speeds by and you fly over those hurdles! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand that BFP does not equal baby. You want to be happy and excited, but it's hard knowing all that can go wrong. With that said, you have to have step #1 to have any of the rest, so congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you that you have this chance. And I'll be here to hold your virtual hand throughout... Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoooooly crap, how did I miss yesterday's post? I know it's a shit ton of nervousness and hurdles yet to be passed, but I am crossing ALL my freaking digits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous news! Of course, the thought of having so many hurdles to jump is scary. When I finally got my BFP my optimism barely registered ("Now MAYBE my chances of having a baby are higher than zero!") It's a much better place to be than stuck with zero chance, so I hope you're able to indulge in some celebration. Here's hoping you go flying over ALL those hurdles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever happens, right now, right at this moment in time, there is hope and therefore good news.

    Crossing everything (except for legs) for you.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - hurdle #1 is complete! I will be throwing lots of positivity your way for the next 12 weeks.... CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy do I get it. No congrats. Just crossed fingers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just getting around to catching up on blogs (seems to be a quarterly event these days!), and SO happy to read this!!! I'll be thinking about you and sending positive vibes out to the universe for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just so happy you're pregnant today. Today is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails