Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Where I am...

I am feeling pretty happy with my life right at this moment. I am sitting at our dining table surrounded by papers and filing and receipts that should have been dealt with months ago - but the baby is asleep in his sweet little bouncer (purchased with a gift voucher from lovely ladies at my old work), my ten yr old is at his last day of school having a class party with some hastily decorated cupcakes (made this morning - must improve time management) and my sickly 3 year old is in the lounge room watching Charlotte's Web for the third time today. Navratan korma (a veggie curry) is in the slow cooker, coffee is next to me (god bless my mother's espresso machine) and yesterday I got to have a long lunch with my best friend, recently moved back from Melbourne. I live in my ideal area, my kid has nice friends at school, and I am coping better with his Aspergerishness (I know, not a word). Despite living with my mother, my relationship with my Love is still pretty perfect, she is my true other half and my life would be so different without her. Also despite living wth my mother, my mother and I are getting along really well. This is the first time we've spent much time together in over ten years so I think it's been eye opening for her too. Life feels pretty manageable.

***

We are coming up fast on the EOFY. I am a big fan of new beginnings, and as my birthday is mere days after the EOFY it seems a fitting place to have a fresh start. Like a new year. I have a lot planned for this coming year. Things WILL change, because they have to. I feel like I completely missed out on Bumbles newborn babyhood. I mean I was there for every day of it, but mentally, and emotionally, I dont think I was really there.

I have declared a "fresh start" lots of times in the past. And I do believe that each time I have taken steps closer to where I want to be.

Lets hope this time is even more successful!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post. I love the idea of a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails