Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My readers kick ass!

Wow, thank you so much for all your supportive comments on my last entry. I wasn't sure how it would be received but I had to say it!

Now I am no gay rights activist by any means. I live in as traditional a family as you can imagine. We have quite traditional roles and we stick to ourselves. We are private people and I am certainly not attending rallies and protests every week. But I would really like the government to wake up and smell the coffee. Because the majority of citizens either want gay marriage approved, or dont care either way. There are very few people who are actively AGAINST it.

I too grew up in a Catholic household. My partner's family is Baptist. This fact causes more dissention in the ranks than the fact that we are gay!! lol.

But as one of you wrote in your comment, if you dont like gay marriage, DON'T HAVE ONE. That's pretty much my belief. First these people are scared of "the gays" and don't want us coming onto them. But they don't want us to be able to marry, an institution based on faithfulness. Surely the more of us who are married, the less likely we are to hit on you (or in the lesbian case...hit on your wife ;)

Anyway, I'm back on my soapbox again *steps down*

Don't even get me started on the political happenings of the day, I am exhausted from talking about it all morning.

Our first female Prime Minister should be a massive celebration, a victory. Instead our PM was shanghai'd by his own party and forced out. Shameful behaviour. Hope you enjoy it while it lasts because rumour is an election is around the corner (literally by August) and you just aren't instilling a lot of trust. For shame Julia, for shame.

And that's enough of THAT.

On the IVF front, exciting news there for us as planning is underway for our next cycle :)
I couldn't be more excited...our doc is willing to talk about getting things moving in the pre cycle preparation even though I'm not at zero yet, I am so close that he doesnt see a need to wait. I could NOT be happier about that.

Plus I am getting new skates on saturday (hopefully) and going skating with some of my favourite girls (and a few derby stars too :) :) SO things are looking up.

Now I must go make my MIL some chicken noodle soup to take down to her tonight as she is very unwell and FIL is away working again for the next 3 weeks.

Have a kickass night, you are all awesome (thanks again for the love)



4 comments:

  1. Hello, just joining the conversation via ICLW so I am a little behind. I just read through your last post and I am wondering where you live, not in the good ol' USA, my home.
    I do hope that there will be a sea change when it comes to gay rights, I believe it is starting slowly and will hopefully shift radically once the younger generation(s) take over. I live in the liberal northeast US, in one of the few states where gay marriage is (gasp) legal! I am so proud of our tiny little state as we were the first to pass civil unions and then moved to legalize marriage.
    I do hope that you can marry the love of your life someday. Its crazy that attention seeking nut-jobs can go on a ridiculous reality tv show and get married only to be quickly divorced. Where is the religous right when it comes to trash like that? Such hypocritical bullshit!
    Aside from that topic, good luck on your next IVF cycle. I hope it is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want pics of the skates, and of the derby!!! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't roller skated in years! I was addicted as a kid (I blame the movie Xanadu...)

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails